Monday 20 May 2019

At last the website is up.

Hello I hope that you are well. As the heading says my small website is up and running. You can visit it at cherylngregory.com. It has a link back to this blog as well as my LinkedIn account and a new Facebook page. I have a personal Facebook page. But thought that I should make a new one dedicated to writing.  I will have to dedicate time and effort into promoting it as well as this blog and the website. Please feel free to comment or make a suggestion about any of these sites. I feel like a fish out of water in regards to working online like this.

This weekend didn't give me anytime for writing as my God parents (Noeline and Trevor Pitt), who I haven't seen in over 30 years came and stayed with my parents and myself. They have known each other since my father was 14.  He is now 80. A long time. Many memories, history. My Godfather Trevor Pitt has dementia like my father. But unlike my father still gets out and about and loves talking to anyone and everyone.  Its very sad and hard to watch someone slowly disappearing before your eyes.  Though their body; the shell of the person, is still there.

Recently I bought Stephen Fry's An Ode less travelled. Unleash the poet within.  so far it is very interesting. I have never tried to write poetry. Well not since my English class at school many years ago. So poetry will also be added to the mix.

This Sunday I leave for my holiday to the mid north coast of NSW. I return on 1 June. Which happens to be my birthday. My 55th. I will take pictures and make notes about the trip. And who knows the trip may inspire a number of stories, characters, plots.

Well time for much needed sleep.

Back soon

Keep smiling :)

Cheryl



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm back

Hello, Yes I am back.  The trip was lovely.  I met some wonderful people. I was the youngest on the trip.  The eldest were 91! Wow!  They we...