Monday 29 April 2019

My first ever blog post

Well here I am. Nervously writing my first ever blog. You would think that at almost 55 I would not be nervous of much anymore. Well I am nervous. Very nervous. After years of procrastinating I have decided to take the plunge and start my writing career. Recently I joined Rob Parnell's Writing Academy and completed a couple of his courses.  They have inspired me to take up the pen, or in actual fact tapping the keyboard. I know that I have a great deal to learn and that I will make mistakes. So I hope you the reader will be patient with me and even share your thoughts with me.

I suppose I should share a bit about my self with you. I live in the western suburbs of Sydney Australia, with my elderly parents and Tonkinese cat, Cleo. My last job was a disability support worker. Which I had to leave after suffering an injury. I have written on and off for about 20 years or so. Even completed a short story course. But as always seems to happen life issues got in the way of me pursuing my writing. Now that life is so much quieter and slower, I can now devote the time and effort needed. Also with the help of Rob's courses I will learn about the craft of writing and hopefully make a reasonable living out of it.

With this blog which I will be writing on it at least once a week, I will put examples of my writing for you to read and give me your opinion about it. Together we can learn from one another. Well, time for some much needed sleep.

Till next time.

Keep smiling.

Cheryl :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm back

Hello, Yes I am back.  The trip was lovely.  I met some wonderful people. I was the youngest on the trip.  The eldest were 91! Wow!  They we...