Tuesday 7 May 2019

Another step taken

Hello on this fine, sunny autumn day in May. I have just got my domain name sorted and I am in the process of building my website. I have also organised my business cards, just waiting for them to be delivered. And it is soon time for my first ever solo holiday. I will be away for a week, going up to the mid-north coast on New South Wales. Of course I am nervous and a bit anxious but at the same time excited. I am sure that I will come back with many ideas for stories or articles.  So as they say... "Watch this space".
My writing is slowly coming along and I will be posting samples of it on here soon and on my site. So please feel free to let me know your thoughts and any suggestions. Small steps are for me, the way to go forward. These steps, setting up this blog, getting business cards, domain name and building the website are all helping me get into the correct mindset that I need to be in in order to write.
I know that some people, my parents for one think that I am too old ( at almost 55) to start on a writing career. But I think in all fairness, that they, mum mostly(as dad has dementia and most of the time doesn't know what day it is) are worried for me.  As mothers do. But I am realistic. I may never be as good or famous as people like Elizabeth George, Agatha Christie, for example. I will give it my very best shot at it.
Time to go for now. I will be back again next week and I will be posting some of my writing by then.
Keep smiling :)

Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm back

Hello, Yes I am back.  The trip was lovely.  I met some wonderful people. I was the youngest on the trip.  The eldest were 91! Wow!  They we...